The exclusive Italian nonstick from Ballarini the pros swear by. Shop now »
🔕 🔔

Uses for Belgian dark chocolate bar 72% w/ Cocoa Nibs?

I'm thinking of adding another dessert for a potluck. I have 4 3.5 ozbars of this stuff and never used it. Few if any kids at the party (and I do have cheesecake w/strawberries.) I was thinking of cookies or brownie bites. Something where the nibs won't seem like grit? I have no nuts in the house drat. Anyone used this stuff?

asked by nutcakes about 6 years ago
Ece90812 0903 49a8 8e35 aa86c774be22  dsc00202
francesca gilberti

Francesca is the former Assistant Editor of food52 and believes you can make anything out of farro.

Why not break it up and mix the shards in with softened vanilla ice cream or gelato? The sweetness of the ice cream will certainly stand up to the bitterness of the chocolate.

don't have ice cream and I'm not going to the store today. I'm think Dorie Greenspan Korova cookies. I put a batch of little scones in the oven while I was thinking. I'll let you know if it turns out.

Fc23ea4b 9ae1 494e 8a6f ba43f6488062  me by barbara tyroler

Chocolate bark! Melt it, with some semisweet choc chips if you want a little milder flavor. Stir in dried cherried or cranberries, some kind of nut(s), a splash of vanilla extract, maybe some Nutella. Spread it thin on a cookie sheet lined with parchment and let it set. Nibble bits and pieces. If you don't trust your housemates, hide it.

27e464b9 6273 420b 9546 d6ed6ae12929  anita date
Anitalectric

Anita is a vegan pastry chef & founder of Electric Blue Baking Co. in Brooklyn.

Chop it up and fold into the batter for a banana cake. Top with cream cheese frosting. Serve thick, luscious squares to your partygoers.

I love this banana cake recipe by a pastry chef I used to work for:

http://novice-baker.blogspot...

The sweetness (from bananas, brown sugar and honey...or if you are vegan like me, sub agave) really stands up to the bitterness of dark chocolate. It is a winning combo.