🔕 🔔

uses for strawberry vinegar

I just finished making fermented strawberry vinegar and I'm looking for ways to use it. I made almost a gallon of it so I have lots to use!

asked by ktr over 2 years ago

A2144753 15bd 405d aef4 ee07deb4d5fb  stringio

everything! You could use it as a salad dressing. Toss it into rice or quinoa. Add to soups, or make some strawberry pickled zucchini.. oh that sounds nice. Maybe even add a little sugar and reduce it until a thicken and drizzle onto some vanilla bean ice cream!

Bb911bcd 2446 4d8f 848f cdc2090e999a  leaf cake

I have a bottle of strawberry balsamic vinegar, and it is good on everything. You could also add some of your vinegar to jams and conserves if you like to put up preserves.

ktr

That sounds like a great idea. I'm not sure how much canning I'll get done this year considering I'm currently 37 weeks pregnant but I'm definitely going to remember this for next year.

Be53e5fa f5fe 4601 8d5e 7d9c096a5aed  nog
Niknud

Rachael is a trusted home cook.

boil it down til it's thick and syrupy, add butter (lots and lots of butter) and put over sauted greens (beet greens work partiularly well). I think this was a recipe for the new NYT cookbook but I can't remember......

Drink it. Seriously, mix with a little simple syrup or sugar, cut with club soda, add the ice and plunge in the straw. It's a refreshing mocktail that I love every summer.

Oh forgot. It's called "shrub".

ktr

Interesting. I'm going to have to try that.

Perfect in a salad with beets + tomatoes (and a few strawberries, sliced, if you like). https://food52.com/recipes... ;o)