uses for strawberry vinegar

I just finished making fermented strawberry vinegar and I'm looking for ways to use it. I made almost a gallon of it so I have lots to use!

asked by ktr over 3 years ago

Colleen Stem

everything! You could use it as a salad dressing. Toss it into rice or quinoa. Add to soups, or make some strawberry pickled zucchini.. oh that sounds nice. Maybe even add a little sugar and reduce it until a thicken and drizzle onto some vanilla bean ice cream!

Bevi

I have a bottle of strawberry balsamic vinegar, and it is good on everything. You could also add some of your vinegar to jams and conserves if you like to put up preserves.

ktr
ktr

That sounds like a great idea. I'm not sure how much canning I'll get done this year considering I'm currently 37 weeks pregnant but I'm definitely going to remember this for next year.

Niknud
Niknud

Rachael is a trusted home cook.

boil it down til it's thick and syrupy, add butter (lots and lots of butter) and put over sauted greens (beet greens work partiularly well). I think this was a recipe for the new NYT cookbook but I can't remember......

Drink it. Seriously, mix with a little simple syrup or sugar, cut with club soda, add the ice and plunge in the straw. It's a refreshing mocktail that I love every summer.

Oh forgot. It's called "shrub".

ktr
ktr

Interesting. I'm going to have to try that.

Perfect in a salad with beets + tomatoes (and a few strawberries, sliced, if you like). https://food52.com/recipes... ;o)