🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Roasted Cauliflower with Gremolata Bread Crumbs

597e3d56 aab3 4789 be02 ef6b21bb65c7  101210f 382

I have a question about step 3 on the recipe "Roasted Cauliflower with Gremolata Bread Crumbs" from TheThinChef. It says:

"Spread cauliflower out on 2 large, rimmed baking sheets. Roast until edges start to brown, about 20 minutes, stirring halfway through."

My cauliflower came out soggy and limp not crisp -- what did I do wrong?

asked by Cobra over 6 years ago

7b20d47b 614a 488a 8a33 ab8798a5a342  me2

Cobra, the only thing I can think of is if the cauliflower was crowded on the pans, causing it to steam instead of roast. It should be tender, but not soggy, and just the edges should be crisp. Hope that helps...

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

I agree with TheThinChef. Make sure the cauliflower is not crowded, and there is plenty of room between the 2 pans for air circulation. Also check your oven temp w/ a thermometer, it may run cold.

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

I agree that your oven may run cold and the cauliflower may have been too crowded, but also, did you try to cut back on the oil? Because you need the oil to essentially oven fry the cauliflower; otherwise you could just be steaming it.