🔕 🔔

I'm making tiramisu. I just brought eggs home from the market and when I cracked them open, a couple of them had ice inside. Can I use?

asked by ddbonsoir over 6 years ago

That happens to me sometimes in my own fridge - I think I need a new one. Yes, go right ahead.

0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

Yes, just let them come to room temp in a cup of warm water.

@boulangere
I have to adjust the temp level in my fridge to warmer every spring and back down again in the summer. Dryer spring time air and cooler indoor temps makes the fridge more efficient.

LOL I expected to read that you found something other than ice. Phew. Your eggs will be fine! When I gather eggs in the dead of winter I sometimes get eggs that have cracked open because they have frozen almost solid., I have named them eggsicles, You might find a frozen egg a little tough if you were to boil or fry it up, but to use when baking, it will be perfect.