🔕 🔔

Online source for smooth canning jars and lids

I've recently starting canning and want to add my own labels to the jars for gifting purposes. Locally, I can only find the standard mason jars with the raised logo in the glass which make it impossible to apply a label to the front of the jar. I cannot find a local source of smooth canning jars. I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations on a good online source that is reasonably priced, carries a variety of sizes, and doesn't require a huge order quanity.

asked by melissav over 6 years ago

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

Have you tried Weck jars? Here's a link to their site: http://www.weckcanning...

E29013c2 3e90 48ab b297 41e445e1e562  sunshine small
Peter

While Peter no longer works for Food52 he still thinks up ways to make the website better.

I've used SpecialityBottle.com for my spice containers and a number of interesting glass jars I've used to give away homemade caramel sauce. The prices are pretty good in volume (though the shipping can be pricey.)

http://www.specialtybottle...

Bb911bcd 2446 4d8f 848f cdc2090e999a  leaf cake

I second Weck - they are beautiful.

6f614b0c 899e 467f b032 d68711f70a39  2011 03 07 18 28 41 870

I have the same problem! I end up putting the label on the lid instead. That way I don't have to soak the labels off the jars when they are returned to me for refills...

I third Weck. I recently purchase a jar of locally made pear-ceylon jam expressly because it was presented in a Weck jar. The jam is OK, but the jar is delightful.

Bac35f8c 0352 46fe 95e3 57de4b652617  p1291120

And I second Helen's All Night Diner - putting the labels on the lid rather than the jar is so practical that it is inspired. You will throw that part of the lid away when you reuse the jar, and it can be a real pain to remove the labels from the front of jars.