🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Spatchcocked Roast Chicken

1cbdf85c 574a 4aa7 a335 10daf207de0a  4855141657 70471d1080 b

I have a question about the recipe "Spatchcocked Roast Chicken" from merrill. The directions call for refrigerating the bird before roasting to achieve a crisp skin, why does this work? A recipe for baked chicken wings I favor also calls for the refrigeration period, I can attest to it working as promised, but I am baffled as to why.

asked by Pizza Man over 6 years ago

0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

The 'fridge is dry low humidity environment and helps remove moisture from the skin, so do the chill in the 'fridge uncovered.

E6e6dff4 59d6 4f89 a8af e18ad67746b6  4 9 07 086ab

This was on madhungry. it will remove moisture from skin & make it crispy when cooked. she has a video showing this..