🔕 🔔

Is there a non-HFCS equivalent to Del Monte's Fruit Chillers? Are they just frozen, sweetened puree? They're really tasty, but I've given up HFCS and I miss them!

asked by Sami about 7 years ago

2fc558a8 bd7d 4d57 9ed4 e14a7fcea429  fb avatar

According to the Del Monte website Fruit Chillers don't contain HFCS at all.

They don't publish ingredient lists online, but maybe they contain "regular" corn syrup and not high fructose corn syrup. They are actually different products (HFCS is corn syrup that's been processed to change its composition so that it contains more fructose). Corn syrup hasn't been linked to same issues as HFCS.

Well, that's good news! I looked up the ingredients on a non-delmonte website because it wasn't listed officially and I didn't have the box, and they said there was HFCS; I guess I'll look for myself when I get to the grocery store next!

oh yeah - I meant to give you the link to their website: http://www.delmontefruitchillers...

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

Sami, do you have freezer space? If you do, I'd suggest you get an ice cream maker (The Cuisinart one is decent for around $50.) and make your own sorbets so you can control the ingredients. Making sorbet is really easy and using fresh ingredients makes it very tasty.