🔕 🔔

It would be a great thing if Food52 could pair up with Weight Watchers. Great food AND points!.. anyone else agree?

A lot of us probably follow it and would be glad to figure out a way to include point information to our contributed recipes!

asked by Panfusine over 6 years ago

6f614b0c 899e 467f b032 d68711f70a39  2011 03 07 18 28 41 870

That would be awesome! I'm always lightening up the recipes I come across. Plus WW does have some great recipes on it already...

E7b6597b db6e 4cae b9f3 699b508f4ed3  036

OK I will confess - have been a weight watcher for YEARS - clearly the testing and developing days are often not points counting days (duck fat anyone?) I think some recipes you really don't want to know nor should you think about points, but there is also a lot of places where we COULD figure them out and add them. I will if you will!

I would hate to see that happen! This is the last place I want to see go from foodie loving food to weight watchers and the concept of "easy"! How about 20 min meals or calorie counting cookie baking! No!

I guess if your name isn't pierino ( love that guy) you can't be yourself here.

905240fe bd99 409e a391 2797c6e0f601  photo 9

+1 chef daddy. i've had enough with nutritionism!!

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

Nutritionism?? What do you think keeps us alive and healthy? I love food52; I make my own judgements about nutrition and taste. Comments show that most of us are adapting recipes to our own preferences and standards -- I appreciate the inspiration I find here. Anyone who has been on Weight Watchers knows how to use a recipe -- if only to change portion sizes. Not necessary for food52 to provide points. I think they're overcommitted already!

I agree! Not to knock the decadent recipes, but I'm always on the lookout for good recipes that aren't calorie-laden, or decent substitutes that don't compromise taste.

I would like to see more information on storage -- how long can recipes be made ahead before they're not what they should be?