🔕 🔔

Almond paste replacement?

I'm allergic to almonds and a few cake recipes call for almond paste. What can I substitute instead?

asked by midnitechef over 6 years ago

496e3e21 39ca 4097 9452 893af2b65dbb  port2

Good question! You need something with similar structure to almond paste. Are you allergic to other nuts? Depending on the recipe and your own proclivites, I'd try hazelnut paste (or puree), pistachio paste which is also a great, pure green and very beautiful, chocolate ganache or maybe creme patissiere. It realy depends on the recipe.

I'm allergic to nuts as well. What are you making? If it's something whose success depends on the almond paste, I'd find another recipe. If not, leave it out.

97043910 0361 479c bed1 89ab1eecb0e6  claire

I can't eat tree nuts. I can eat peanuts, cashews, chestnuts, and tahini (sesame paste). The almond paste was in a recipe for petite fours, I'm guessing almond is the flavour for the cake.

84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

For petits fours, I'd go with chestnut paste. They'll be delicious.

Chestnut paste will be delicious!

Another vote for chestnut paste. ;)