Substitute for almonds in a cake?

I just got some gorgeous plums at the farmers' market and want to make Jacques Pepin's plum cake (http://blogs.kqed.org/essentialpepin...), but it calls for almonds and I don't like almonds. Is there another nut I can use and still do justice to this recipe?

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

asked about 6 years ago

jilhil

Walnuts should work, but you might want to toast them first.

Diana B
Diana B

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

Thank you, jilhil - I have a fresh bag of organic walnuts, so I'm going to give this a try.

Reiney
Reiney

Sarah is a trusted source on General Cooking.

Definitely walnuts, but hazelnuts would work as well.

chef of the future 2000

Pecans go nicely with plums too

Diana B
Diana B

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

Just FYI, the walnuts were perfect in this! I'll try pecans the next time I make it, so thanks to the three of you who responded to my plea.