baked the mushrooms and they tasted amazing!

asked by @LaniLovesGA about 7 years ago

I know, I have to make extra because they keep disappearing before being added to the dish. Credit goes to Chef Casey Aiken, my nephew.

mcd2

what recipe does this refer to-so i can have the taste sensation too!

The original question is here http://www.food52.com/foodpickle... and my answer is under the question. Thanks for asking!

mcd2

thanks for the clarification, skk!

My nephew the chef also showed me the method of baking the mushrooms at about 350 for 45 - 60 minutes in butter. They come out brown and rich and amazing.

ChefDaddy

I like to put sliced muchrooms on a sheet pan in a single layer and put them in the oven to dry them out to add to braised dishes. It removes the moisture nicely and they infuse such a nice flavor after. Too me, if I don't do this I end up with a flavor profile some what like hay and they are rubbery and chewy. Just FYI