Dragon Fruit

What to do with it? I picked one up at my local supermarket (I vaguely remembered reading about it recently). Anything besides scooping out the pulpy flesh? Wondering if I could turn it into a custard style ice cream.

There was a foodpickle thread about it not too long ago. Try searching foodpickle answers for it. My suggestions was the same as your idea. I think the color and texture would be amazing. I suspect it would also make a good sorbet, maybe with some good lime notes.

http://www.food52.com/foodpickle... is the link boulangere spoke about, and gingerroot had an idea that may be of help

tessa022707

We have a dragon fruit plant/ tree growing in the backyard and got our first fruits last year...it is amazingly yummy just sliced into sections and eaten like orange segments.
A drizzle of honey and a squeeze of lime bring out a not quite ripe ones flavor.

Lucky you, tessa!

lorigoldsby

Enjoy! wish these were available in my neighborhood market! I posted this foodpickle a few weeks ago and with everyone's ideas, I came up with this.

lorigoldsby

Please make sure you post whatever you come up with--obviously we need more dragonfruit ideas!

lorigoldsby

here was my foodpickle thread

http://www.food52.com/foodpickle...