A question about a recipe: COLD BREW COFFEE ICE CREAM

587140d2 39e7 42c3 aa22 5276311a5fe7  l1000420

I have a question about the recipe "COLD BREW COFFEE ICE CREAM" from dymnyno. How do I make cold-brew coffee (one of the required ingredients)?

asked by Schnacks over 7 years ago

Melusine

For each cup of water, you'll need about 1/3 cup coarsely ground coffee beans. Stir the coffee and water together, cover, and let it sit overnight. I wouldn't stop at 1/3 cup, though. Cold brewed coffee is delightful, especially over ice with a big splash of 1/2 and 1/2.

dymnyno

I like Melusine's answer. But, be careful...once you start making coffee the cold brew method, it becomes addictive!! Another good description of how to make cold brew is another food52 recipe called Magical Coffee.

violist

I've been making cold brewed coffee for many years using the Toddy system. Google Toddy and I'm sure you'll get to a website that sells the canister, filter and carafe. I make it using a pound of grounds at a time, and drinking 3 to 4 cups of coffee a day it will last me a good 2 plus weeks. Enjoy!!

Schnacks

Thanks for all the answers folks! Magical Coffee here I come.... and then the ice cream... and then... buzz buzz buzz.