A question about a recipe: YaYa's Yakitori

I have a question about step 1 on the recipe "YaYa's Yakitori" from ibbeachnana. It says:

"Warm 1/4 cup sake, 2 Tablespoons soy sauce, fat piece of ginger 1 ½ inch or so, peeled, sliced, and 4 teaspoons of sugar until the sugar dissolves, just a couple of minutes and add a pinch of Japanese pepper. Cool to room temperature and add halved chicken livers to only half of the marinade, marinate for 4-6 hours. Reserved marinade is used for basting the skewers. I’m funny about the basting sauce over the plated Yakitori so I make even 1/3 more for a final brush (clean brush) over the plated Yakitori.

"

Where do the chicken livers figure in the recipe? I don't see them in the ingredients list.

• Posted by: Franca
  • June 5, 2011
3bef9f86 5951 4ead ae8a f0ce3d1abc8d  yaya s yakitori
Recipe question for: YaYa's Yakitori

ibbeachnana
ibbeachnana June 7, 2011

Sorry, I have corrected the recipe ingredients, 8 chicken livers cut in half. I guess that I have a mental block because hardly anyone ever eats them, just a couple for me though.

ibbeachnana
ibbeachnana April 21, 2015

Sorry they go between chicken pieces and onions.

ibbeachnana
ibbeachnana April 21, 2015

They are listed in the ingredients list.