What should I do with an entire leftover leg from a prosciutto di parma?

It's mostly bone

asked by Helen H over 7 years ago

nutcakes

Use it as a soup bone for split pea or bean soup, or which this very simple but delicious soup
http://www.wchstv.com/gmarecipes/minestronewiths.shtml

Can you saw the bone into smaller pieces and freeze?

Helen H

Thanks! Figured I'd cook a white bean soup with it. Unfortunately don't have access to a saw, and have a 1960's fridge with an "icebox freezer." Thanks for the link!

brandon

you could also make a nice stock and use it for risotto

Burnt Offerings

Give it to me?

Beata Lei! Stock certainly is the way to go, especially anything involving beans or lentils.

Find a homeless shelter that takes donated items. Donate a couple of large can of white beans or dried beans, and maybe a bag of Kale and some soup base too for them to use for a nice dinner/lunch soup.
Not all shelters take unpackaged food. So check around.