Prosciuotto Ends! Picked up a 2 pound end of Prosciutto di Parma for 4.99 a pound. I have some ideas of what to do with it but would like to see if an

asked by Lucia from Madison almost 8 years ago

Beans and peas come to mind of course - or chop them up into minestrone, or in a pasta and cream sort of thing. Quiche? Quick bread? many options!!!

Soozll

Great in eggs, as a garnish on vegetables and in scalloped potatoes and on pizza. Good get!

Foodelf

A small local store nearby sells their very inexpensive Prosciutto ends on the bone, very meaty and resembling shanks. I'm thinking of making split pea soup with a couple.

Perhaps a Frittata or Spanish Tortilla w/potatoes?

Leave them whole and use them in soup (minestra, minestrone) the way you would use a ham bone. After long, slow simmering the meat will fall off the bone and both meat and bone will flavor the soup. Flavor component combines well with beans, celery or starch (pasta).

bella s.f.

Ribbolitta. Yum!