How do I cook kohlrabi?

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer over 7 years ago

I love it raw in slaws or salad, but you can also steam, roast, or saute it.

You can treat it very much like a turnip or radish, which have a similar density and crispness.

Kohlrabi is my brother's "favorite broccoli." It's great raw for munching on with or without dip!

veggieobsession

I love it roasted. I made a much quicker version of this recipe from Sunset magazine - roasted kohlrabi with greens and eggs. It was totally delicious!
http://www.sunset.com/food-wine/healthy/gourmet-vegetarian-dinner-recipes-00400000064515/

braisinfoodie

I really like it stir fried with a dash of sesame oil, ginger, garlic and soy or oyster sauce. It also makes a great addition to a veggie platter raw or pickled.

amybanana

add peeled and quartered kohlrabi to boiling potatoes. When cooked, drain and mash with hot milk, butter and salt