A question about a recipe: Quick Strawberry Sherbet

8a8063fd 5caf 4298 9cdf 3b9856d124e9  quick strawberry

What if strawberries are in season? Should I freeze them first?

asked by Grooviness over 7 years ago

If you read all the comments Chef June said the berries have to be frozen for this recipe. So if you have fresh berries you will have to freeze them before making.

TheWimpyVegetarian

I've made this great recipe a few times now and I always bought fresh strawberries and then froze them in a single layer on a small baking sheet in the freezer. Doesn't take long at all. Enjoy!

TheWimpyVegetarian

BTW, I found that if I froze them much longer than Chef June recommends, I ended up with small strawberry chunks in the sherbet. Still really tasty, but not as smooth as I was looking for. Hope that helps.

Thanks, Guys, for answering. Yes, the strawberries have to be frozen for this, and fresh, frozen ones make the sherbet taste even better, especially when the little wild ones are in season. And if the strawberries are too big, cut them into smaller, evenly sized pieces for the best results.

Grooviness

Thanks! I can't wait to try this recipe in a week or two when the strawberries are ripe here.