Question about length of time to freeze vegetable bouillon

I have been making http://www.101cookbooks... vegetable bouillon recipe for awhile. How long will it keep in the freezer? I usually 1/2 the recipe. Thanks in advance for responses.

asked by SKK over 7 years ago

I would expect it to last months in an airtight container in the freezer.

nogaga

If you seal it well (in a Tupperware or as cubes in baggies, this will last you at least for two months.

I freeze my stock in a loaf pan and then use a foodsaver. It lasts months that way. Air is what you don't want.

I recently started using ziplock bags after I found this technique. You fill with stock until almost to the top. Then lower the bag into a pot of water. The water pressure squeezes the bag..so there's no air pocket. You almost have to completely submerge the bag...right up to the 'ziplock' part...then ziplock and freeze.

@sam1148 - you are so sous vide reversed! Love this.

innoabrd

in a good cold freezer with no or minimal air contact, stock will keep for ages. I've held it for as long a a year. I also use a loaf pan, or, sometimes, muffin tins (if I think I might want just a bit of the stock or if I've really concentrated it). I use the ziplock sous vide bags. You buy the starter kit that comes with a pump and it works really well. Getting all the air out of the bag is the key to making it last a long time without freezer burn.