🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Peony Ice Cream with a Blackberry Honey Swirl

De47be29 cfa3 422b 90cc 95af2be2feea  may13 023

I have a question about the recipe "Peony Ice Cream with a Blackberry Honey Swirl" from Dabblings.I
I found peonies at the farmers market. Am I using the WHOLE flower except stamen and stem? My flowers have large outer petals (like roses) and the smaller, tighter inner petals.

asked by lorigoldsby over 6 years ago

I'd suggest using the smaller petals, as I'd think they would be more tender and perhaps have more flavor. Sounds like a nice recipe; there's nothing better than homemade ice cream!

11a33850 c271 4f40 8eb4 f3eb27d7c86d  chef sandy

A3d3ebaa 1d24 4e10 bd65 81cec152bc7f  sept13 215 copy

I used all the petals not the staymen or the stem. The key to this recipe is that the flowers need to be heavily scented. If they aren't the ice cream won't carry a strong peony flavor.