🔕 🔔

Well, there's Sara Moulton's beautiful salad featured this week. The snap peas are blanched, but only just. And the salad looks fantastic. I'm using it in a class later this week.

Melissa Clark
Melissa Clark

Melissa Clark is a food columnist for the New York Times and has written over 32 cookbooks, including the recent Cook This Now.

I love to thinly slice sugar snaps and use them in farro or rice or couscous salad - the little bites of sweet juiciness are so nice next to the grain.

Mollie Katzen
Mollie Katzen

Mollie is the best-selling author of many vegetarian cookbooks, including the original Moosewood Cookbook, The Enchanted Broccoli Forest, and a trilogy of cookbooks for kids. Her latest one, The Heart of the Plate: Vegetarian Recipes for a New Generation, was published in September 2013.

I love Melissa's idea of the very thinly sliced snaps tossed into a grain salad. And here's a very quick (2 minute) flash-in-the-pan idea: Sugar Snaps with a Single Herb (you get to choose which one): http://www.molliekatzen...

Cathy Erway
Cathy Erway

Cathy is the author of The Art of Eating In and blogs at Not Eating Out in New York.

If you're looking for a more Asian twist, I think the sweetness of snap peas and its snappy texture goes great when sauteed lightly with slivers of ginger and a splash of soy sauce! Here's a recipe with that as well as some fish: http://noteatingoutinny...

Anitalectric
Anitalectric

Anita is a vegan pastry chef & founder of Electric Blue Baking Co. in Brooklyn.

There was a rice salad at City Bakery that I used to love when I worked near there. It was black (forbidden) rice, kaffir lime leaves, scallions and sugar snap peas in a sesame-lime dressing (lime juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, salt and pepper or something like that). It's my favorite way to eat them!

lorigoldsby

Hardlikearmour has a beautiful recipe with grated ricotta that I can't wait to try. http://www.food52.com/recipes...

wssmom

All I can say is, I am bedazzled by the talent that responded to this question!!

ellenl

You already have responses from an illustrious crowd. That said, here's something simple that I think is delicious. Blanch the peas, drain, and toss with lemon juice, evoo, and chopped fresh mint. Delicious with anything. I made it with grilled salmon.

Bevi

I like to toss sugar snap peas in a little butter flavored with mint or thyme. I most lately chopped in a little lemon verbena and it was a lovely taste.