🔕 🔔

Well, there's Sara Moulton's beautiful salad featured this week. The snap peas are blanched, but only just. And the salad looks fantastic. I'm using it in a class later this week.

7c6bb5af cc2f 4f9d b4a2 88019a4608eb  61wadxourml.ux250
Melissa Clark

Melissa Clark is a food columnist for the New York Times and has written over 32 cookbooks, including the recent Cook This Now.

I love to thinly slice sugar snaps and use them in farro or rice or couscous salad - the little bites of sweet juiciness are so nice next to the grain.

Eae76a7d 218c 4f70 b807 9164e5171bf5  mollie blue copy
Mollie Katzen

Mollie is the best-selling author of many vegetarian cookbooks, including the original Moosewood Cookbook, The Enchanted Broccoli Forest, and a trilogy of cookbooks for kids. Her latest one, The Heart of the Plate: Vegetarian Recipes for a New Generation, was published in September 2013.

I love Melissa's idea of the very thinly sliced snaps tossed into a grain salad. And here's a very quick (2 minute) flash-in-the-pan idea: Sugar Snaps with a Single Herb (you get to choose which one): http://www.molliekatzen...

D20ff162 bf8d 4275 a1c3 9384a1d38edb  35388473392 bf944fa6de z
Cathy Erway

Cathy is the author of The Art of Eating In and blogs at Not Eating Out in New York.

If you're looking for a more Asian twist, I think the sweetness of snap peas and its snappy texture goes great when sauteed lightly with slivers of ginger and a splash of soy sauce! Here's a recipe with that as well as some fish: http://noteatingoutinny...

27e464b9 6273 420b 9546 d6ed6ae12929  anita date
Anitalectric

Anita is a vegan pastry chef & founder of Electric Blue Baking Co. in Brooklyn.

There was a rice salad at City Bakery that I used to love when I worked near there. It was black (forbidden) rice, kaffir lime leaves, scallions and sugar snap peas in a sesame-lime dressing (lime juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, salt and pepper or something like that). It's my favorite way to eat them!

32fb3935 151a 4db2 ac26 980d4c0d5cea  lorigoldsby

Hardlikearmour has a beautiful recipe with grated ricotta that I can't wait to try. http://www.food52.com/recipes...

0dcfb05c 8a90 480f 8cf7 cbc33e9a6b5c  me

All I can say is, I am bedazzled by the talent that responded to this question!!

You already have responses from an illustrious crowd. That said, here's something simple that I think is delicious. Blanch the peas, drain, and toss with lemon juice, evoo, and chopped fresh mint. Delicious with anything. I made it with grilled salmon.

Bb911bcd 2446 4d8f 848f cdc2090e999a  leaf cake

I like to toss sugar snap peas in a little butter flavored with mint or thyme. I most lately chopped in a little lemon verbena and it was a lovely taste.