🔕 🔔

Making lobster risotto. Already made stock from http://www.epicurious.com.... Other tips? foodpickle

asked by @katieheikkinen over 7 years ago

5f8d7fee 22ef 49ba a6b4 360299864c3e  n3ru8figt0zk0

Keep it "wet" and the pieces of lobster fairly small. For aromatics I would use shallots and carrots. Some reduction of a sparkling wine would work. You could add some saffron for color (very optional) and perhaps tarragon as an herb.

253bf469 1fbf 4f08 a572 3dc09b33bb7c  aliya leekong 3a

Depends on what you like as a combination. I recently did a jumbo lump crab and roasted corn risotto with some smoked mozzarella to finish, which was huge hit. Lobster would sub in well. One great trick I have is to make a risotto base (shallots, garlic, carnaroli rice, white wine, and stock) and cook until about 5 minutes from being finished. I spread it out on a baking dish and cool immediately in the fridge. When I want to serve, I can just saute any remaining spices ingredients, add the risotto, a bit more stock, and finish with butter/cream/cheese. Great when you are entertaining...