A question about a recipe: Mashed Potatoes with Caramelized Onions and Goat Cheese

C35f2a3c e2f1 4a46 a024 060b478a695a  2015 1022 mashed potatoes with caramelized onions and goat cheese 026 james ransom

I have a question about step 4 on the recipe "Mashed Potatoes with Caramelized Onions and Goat Cheese" from Sonali. It says:

"Drain the potatoes and return them to the hot, dry pot. Stir them over low heat for 2 minutes until they are dry. Pass the potatoes through a ricer into a large bowl. Gently stir in the hot cream mixture a little at a time until the potatoes are smooth and creamy (discard the garlic and bay leaf). You may not need to use all of the liquid. Set aside a small amount of the caramelized onions for garnish and stir the remaining onions into the mashed potatoes. Crumble the goat cheese into the potatoes and stir to combine well. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. "

asked by hanida over 7 years ago

MrsKeller

And your question is?

phyllis

I was wondering the same as MrsKeller.