A question about a recipe: Yoghurt & Spinach Dip, 'Borani Esfanaaj', in the Persian Manner

I have a question about the recipe "Yoghurt & Spinach Dip, 'Borani Esfanaaj', in the Persian Manner" from shayma.
I would like to use frozen spinach...how would you modify the recipe to accompany this?

• Posted by: AJinPG
  • June 18, 2011

SKK June 18, 2011

I would use 2 packages of frozen spinach and thaw and drain thorougly. I like spinach a lot and never worry about having too much.

Amanda Hesser June 18, 2011

Agree with SKK -- aim for the same weight. If, once it's thawed, it's very wet, then press out any excess liquid before starting step 3. Here's another great recipe that calls for frozen spinach: http://nyti.ms/j3cw8X

AJinPG
AJinPG June 19, 2011

thank you for the ideas....one last question. I have Lavash bread...how to serve?
As is cut into small squares or crisped in oven? If so, for how long? and would I have to use any oil....Thanks again

Amanda Hesser June 19, 2011

Crisping it would help so it can hold the dip. And I would crisp it as is -- oil would make it heavy. Hope it turns out well!