A question about a recipe: Slow Roast Duck

8653a98f 7c27 4d7e 8ac7 f11cb525fcf9  5337480747 a8cebf7000 o

Merrill - Do you have a weight/time ratio? I have a 3.25 lb. duck.

asked by Summer of Eggplant about 7 years ago

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

I'm not sure if Merrill would agree, but I make a slow roasted chicken that cooks for about 5 hours and I think if it were the size of your duck I would cut back the cooking time by about 30 to 45 minutes.

Sorry, somehow I missed this question! It may be too late, but I'd agree with inpatskitchen.

Be sure and crisp the skin well..to get the mallard reaction.

Summer of Eggplant

Nope, duck is still in the freezer. Thanks for all of the help. I'll put it on next week's menu!

Be sure and save the duck fat that renders off. It's perfect for fries.

Summer of Eggplant

Oh I save it. And I sauté blanched green beans with sliced chestnuts in it. Great for a Thanksgiving side dish. And I do love the French fries in it. I'll add we have purchased duck fat before and rendered it but it's not as flavorful as coming straight off a bird cooking.