🔕 🔔

How? How ?? to prevent Nuts and fruits from sinking

How to prevent nuts and fruits from sinking to the bottom of a cake during baking? Especially slow baking

asked by pauljoseph almost 7 years ago

53573b8d 4bf0 4ffd 843d b2e617cfeb6b  dscn3274
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

Try coating them with flour before adding them to the batter. I've heard it helps prevent sinking.

445e20c3 ae7c 4384 a5f7 c63a3b70db4d  img 2825

Yes, toss them with 1 tbsp or so of flour before adding to the batter.

If you have a relatively thin batter, fruits and nuts will sink because they are simply more dense than the batter. You'll have better luck adding them when you are using a denser batter. I've not had a lot of luck with flouring them before-hand, unfortunately.