🔕 🔔

What can I use --besides egg or egg replacers -- to bind my baked amaranth and oat clusters? [the other ingredients are honey, nuts, dried fruit, etc

asked by saenyc over 6 years ago

Cfdd183b f2d3 436f abf5 4a8285003ba1  monica

I have heard about using ground flaxseed--look at gluten-free recipe sites maybe. I'm making marshmallows at the moment, or I'd look this up myself--I'm curious too!

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

For an ingredient substitution chart, go to pcrm.org -- they have an extensive chart with egg substitutions. Eggs serve various purposes in baking, so you want a sub that will keep it from crumbling. I'd look for something along the lines of flour + water -- to paste the bars together...

0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

Applesauce or mashed bananas, or a combination of both.