wssmom

4 tablespoons yellow, Hatcho, or barley miso
6 tablespoons almond butter
1 1/2 cups boiling water

Place the miso and almond butter in a medium-sized bowl.

Add a small amount of hot water (about 1/2 cup) and mash with a spoon until it
becomes a uniform paste.

Add the remaining water, and mix until well combined.

Serve warm or at room temperature over hot steamed vegetables and tofu, or mixed
into hot soba noodles (or both!).

Helen's All Night Diner

Oooooh, that sounds yummy.

a Whole Foods Market Customer

Ditto that does sound yummy! Cant wait to try this!

keel

She has a miso walnut recipe. Here's the link .http://www.molliekatzen.com/recipes/recipe.php?recipe=miso_walnut_sauce

Mollie Katzen
Mollie Katzen

Mollie is the best-selling author of many vegetarian cookbooks, including the original Moosewood Cookbook, The Enchanted Broccoli Forest, and a trilogy of cookbooks for kids. Her latest one, The Heart of the Plate: Vegetarian Recipes for a New Generation, was published in September 2013.

Thanks, people. You beat me to the punch! I love making sauces from miso. Here's another one, embedded in a buckwheat soba-smoked tofu dish that I make often. [email protected] http://www.molliekatzen.com/recipes/recipe.php?recipe=soba_miso_tofu

sheredel

Cool! direct from the proverbial source!!!