🔕 🔔

6cb49ef7 38b5 4eb6 aae4 04078f60ca73  how to make a custard part 1
Shuna Lydon

Shuna is a pastry chef in New York City and author of the acclaimed blog Eggbeater.

If you want to bring me a piece at Peels we can attempt to deconstruct it together... generally speaking if a pie is unbaked & it's light it has to have gelatin or some such thereof, in it. if it's baked that the lightness came from air suspended in meringue of some kind. but without tasting it, it's impossible to say.

Thank you so much! It will be a couple of months before I can get back to Briermere, as it's a couple of hours away by car. The pie is available only Thursdays-Sundays, and I'd be happy to bring a piece around to you. I'll write to you before my next trip, but generally, are any days better for you than others (Friday-Monday)?
I suspect the pie is not baked, but I really don't know much about puddings/custards.