🔕 🔔

How long can you keep an opened container of tahini in the fridge?

asked by melissav about 7 years ago

Ddd52943 cdf0 4edb a2d4 73aa286607f0  399571 2853636453848 1694221275 n

It will last at least a year when kept in the fridge.

I'm kind of with tiggybee on this one, but I might take the precaution of pouring a thin layer of olive oil on top before seeling it back up.

E7b6597b db6e 4cae b9f3 699b508f4ed3  036

Mine's about 8 months old and doing fine!!

2fc558a8 bd7d 4d57 9ed4 e14a7fcea429  fb avatar

At least a year. Per pierino's comment, mine has always separated out making a thin layer of sesame oil over the top, so I've never bothered with "supplemental" oiling.

It could go rancid over time I suppose - so I do suggest you taste a bit before proceeding with a recipe. Also, if it's moldy or scummy looking (perhaps because someone used a dirty spoon to scoop some out and let nasty bits in the can/jar) toss it.

D22e715c 166f 4578 8ad4 1e169fc809ba  ry 400

Good to know. Thanks everyone!