🔕 🔔

Can you pickle a watermelon

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer about 6 years ago

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

Yes you can pickle a whole watermelon http://kcmeesha.com/2009...

I don't know why you would want to - the fruit of the melon is so good fresh and the rinds are so good pickled.

Cd4936f2 2555 42a6 bab6 b78ae625f4ec  img 3538

Yes, and it's also a wonderful poem http://ellemay.wordpress...

Summer of eggplant, thank you for that beautiful poem!

496e3e21 39ca 4097 9452 893af2b65dbb  port2

You can pickle watermelon rinds! I have been doing it all summer so far. I've been buying these beautiful, globular organic watermelons that are actually quite small, almost the size of a pomelo, and slicing the leftover rinds into even strips, then pickling them in a solution of one part cider vinegar and 2 parts water, plus a few sprigs of dill. Enjoy!

Frontalgirl - you are welcome! That poem brings me a world of memories, much like the poem, some real, some imagined. I can't hear the words 'watermelon pickle' and not think about it.