🔕 🔔

I made a sesame and honey no-churn ice cream and I think I added too much honey, because it isn't freezing. What can I do?

I made it gelato style, with only cornstarch as a thickener. It looks like a slushy grey soup. Help!

asked by Nithya over 1 year ago

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

What recipe did you use as a start? In Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream book, she advises not to substitute more than 25% of the honey for the sugar. Can you get a hold of an ice cream maker and try churning it? Melt it down and add more cornstarch? I'm not sure that either of these would work. How about layer it with vanilla ice cream and cookies and call it a sesame-honey pudding?