About to make a big batch of applesauce. Can I freeze some?

asked by AEC about 8 years ago

BethFalk

I find that homemade applesauce freezes pretty well. I prefer to freeze it in small quantities, and then thaw it slowly in the refigerator. I've had better luck freezing it than canning it, which (for me) often results in an "off" color and flavor. My family seems happy enough to eat the frozen stuff!

allie

you can also reheat it after freezing and then wait for it come to room temp/whatever temp you want to eat it.

Kayb

Absolutely. Freeze it in plastic baggies, as much air as possible squeezed out. I've had decent luck thawing it in a warm water bath.

dagny

Definitely. I freeze it in serving size portions so you can defrost in a warm water bath and eat.

foodfighter

Depending on freezer space you can freeze in ice cube trays. Especially if you have any of the silicone ones that make large square cubes.

Bevi

Yes - I freeze it in freezer bags all the time.