🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Squash Blossom and Garlic Frittata

D5126b17 be6c 4505 ba2b 7850fdbd375a  071911 224

How much of the scape do you use? I've tried using them in the past and I do like their peppery zing, but I've noticed that some parts of the scape seem a bit fiberous...maybe I'm using them wrong?

thanks

asked by favabean about 6 years ago

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

Great question -- I usually use the top 2/3. What I do is slice down the scape until it starts to seem difficult to slice. That's usually an indication that it's getting fibrous, so I quit there.

Baa06642 5a35 46e1 bde3 cda1f413b05b  face yellow shirt

thanks so much