What is orange flour water?

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer almost 7 years ago

vvvanessa

orange flower water (or orange blossom water) is a clear liquid distilled from bitter orange blossoms. it's used in middle eastern and mediterranean cooking and is one of the classic ingredients in moroccan pastilla.

beyondcelery

It's made of distilled orange blossoms: http://en.wikipedia.org...

It's a great addition to desserts such as baklava, rice pudding, or galaktoboureko. Try a dash of it in a cake icing or glaze, homemade granita or ice cream, or in sweet breads. I sometimes use it in scones, combined with kumquat zest and almonds.

It's smells amazing! I like adding a small amount to lemonade or iced tea to jazz things up. I also use it in fruit crisps sometimes. It's pretty strongly flavored, so start with a small amount.