What to do with a 2.5 grass fed boneless chuck roast in the summer?

I was just gifted this beautiful piece of meat and it was frozen and now is thawed. Can't think of a summer recipe for this - seem to be brain dead. Any ideas you creative food52 people?

• Posted by: SKK
  • July 29, 2011
A8b55e52 c4c7 48f4 ae0c 6c6244d74442  chuck roast

boulangere July 29, 2011

Mmmmm. Lucky you. How about a nice braise for pulled beef? And what time is dinner?

greathill
greathill July 29, 2011

I had the same thought as the first comment. I cooked a boneless roast in my crock pot last weekend and shred it and served over good buns with fresh refrigerator pickles. I like to cook the roast in a sauce of beef broth, BBQ sauce, cumin, chili powder and whatever you like. Now I have a quart of stock leftover and I need to figure out what to do with it. any other recommendations?

pierino July 29, 2011

Agree with previous comments. A braise is the thing. Brown it first please. Aromatics might include bay leaf, peppercorns, allspice, rosemary, carrots, shallots, garlic,and I like to add olives. And of course you'll need stock/wine. A crock pot will work but a good heavy casserole is a much better vehicle.

Marino
Marino July 29, 2011

I like the braising idea, but when i think summer chuck roast i think shredded beef tacos. Add some shredded cabbage, lime maybe a little avacado and you got an awsome summertime tacos to enjoy with a nice cold beer or margarita

SKK July 29, 2011

Thank you all! In the oven as we speak, and I first browned it.