A question about a recipe: Chocolate Bundt Cake

649ecb61 6487 41f5 9c81 eaae56545b24  2017 0601 chocolate bundt cake bobbi lin 27353

Hi. If I left out the coffee would I have to add a different liquid? What should I add?

Thanks.

asked by leigh frat over 7 years ago

I'd urge you not to leave out the coffee, as coffee amplifies chocolate flavor. If you decide to leave it out, water would be an adequate substitute. I'd also consider "blooming" the cocoa in boiling water, and letting it cool, then adding with the wet ingredients to increase the chocolate flavor.

nannydeb

Coffee does make it "chocolatier" and you can't taste the coffee flavor. I use it in chocolate cake and even coffee haters can't tell.

leigh frat

Thanks. You convinced me to try it.

Leigh