A question about a recipe: Marcella Hazan's Tomato Sauce with Onion and Butter

0fd42e61 84ca 4010 949c d9633b9f0715  md qkywxorbhdiml4ku5nw2mhd702 yp 5 n51owsxu

I have a question about step 1 on the recipe "Marcella Hazan's Tomato Sauce with Onion and Butter" from Genius Recipes. It says:

Due to force of habit, i ended up pureeing the skinned tomatoes, will that drastically affect the quality of the end product..Its simmering away right now, is there anything I shd do to bring it up to Marcellas standards..

asked by Panfusine about 7 years ago

Hi Panfusine -- that sounds perfectly fine. When you use the food mill, it comes out pretty much that way anyway -- quite loose and liquid. Just simmer it until it's as thick as you like your sauce to be. It will be great!

Panfusine

Thanks Kristen, the texture appeared as soon as the liquid had evaporated sufficiently. It looks soo good & my kitchen smells heavenly, Can't wait to have it for dinner!