🔕 🔔

I have some old tomatillos that I husked and left in a bowl on the dining table for several weeks. Can I use? They look fine.

asked by @theRealCoconutz about 7 years ago

F081c914 b126 40e1 a6cd aa8ce2a906f5  agi fountain

The timing couldn't be any better. I just posted a recipe for Tomatillo Salsa today: http://agablack.wordpress...
Hope you'll love this one as much as I have. Beside what I wrote on my blog, I also use it for yummy sandwiches. So, so good with avocado and burrata. Enjoy!
Agi

84a291ce 091c 4e66 a4ed ec4411dbedb8  tomatillos

If they look fine, well, that's a good sign. Cut one open and try it! If it smells bad, don't bother tasting it. If it smells okay, taste it. If it tastes okay, use it! And please let us know how it turns out!! ;o)

If they're not moldy or rotten, they're fine. These guys store well at room temp.

Tomatillos actually store better at room temp than refrigerated, according to some research from UC Davis I read. I think they contain some pectin as well, which helps too.

73cd846c b69c 41fe 8f8b 7a3aa8dd3b93  desert

You would definitly know if they were bad. Black and oozing.

I kept all the firm ones and dumped any spongy ones, only a couple -- wow these are keepers. I also bought another pound and didn't need to use them. So salsa for sure this week. Thank You all for the the good advice.

Salsa sounds great, but how about a good pork chile verde? My favorite for tomatillo's.