🔕 🔔

What is a "finishing vinegar"? Can anyone suggest brands/specific qualities 2 look for? I know some balsamic vinegars are finishing vinegars

asked by bonappetitfoodie about 6 years ago

D5060360 029c 4f1e 82a5 b7a6deca6ccf  image

I use a really beautiful balsamic vinegar which is thick and gorgeous. It is expensive but a little goes a long way. The brand is Fini and it is a Balsamic Vinegar of Modena. It all depends what you are putting with it. Obviously if you are cooking Asian or Indian then this vinegar may not be the best choice. Other finishing vinegars would be infused ones like Raspberry, Tarragon, Garlic, Blueberry Cardamom, basil or even Chili. There are also fine wine and rice wine varietals that are great finishing vinegars. What are you cooking and maybe I could give more of a suggestion. Whenever I am doing dumplings I always finish with lime, sesame oil, soy sauce and good rice vinegar. If I was cooking Vindaloo Basically I think if your recipe is calling for a finishing vinegar it just doesn't want you to use distilled or apple cider or even malt not that there is anything wrong with these three at all. They serve good purpose to so many things. I hope this helped.