A question about a recipe: Quinoa with Butternut Squash and Pumpkin Seeds. Can I use frozen squash?

783c1b46 85a3 47f9 a7d5 1df0a87689ca  quinoa3

I have a question about step 2 on the recipe "Quinoa with Butternut Squash and Pumpkin Seeds" from Sally. It says:

"Heat the olive oil in a large (4 to 5-quart) pot. Add the onion and cook over medium heat for about 3 minutes, until it begins to soften. Stir in the chili powder and the squash and cook, stirring every so often, for 3 more minutes. Add the drained quinoa, water or stock and salt. Bring the liquid to a boil, adjust the heat to a simmer, and cook, covered, for 15 minutes."

asked by 75yearplan almost 7 years ago

I dont see why not. Go for it.

75yearplan

Thanks. I have a bag of frozen diced squash that I wanted to use up, and I was concerned it might taste overcooked? I'll try it though.

Sally

Sorry, you may have already tried this before I had a chance weigh in. I've never tried it. Best guess is it would be fine, maybe edges of squash would be a bit mushy? But it would still taste good. How did it come out?