why can't you cook bananas in the slow cooker? I have tried twice to make bananas foster and they become pink in middle and very firm.

[email protected]

asked by ldmarlett2 about 7 years ago

Bananas Foster is typically prepared a la minute, very quickly. The bananas are in the melted butter just long enough for them to caramelize. Start to finish takes literally minutes, so I'm a little puzzled about why you would want to make them in a slow cooker.

I was intrigued by your question and googled slow cooker Bananas Foster, and there a lot of recipes for it! Who knew? Is your slow cooker temperature gauge working? With the rum, butter, sugar and other spices I can't believe the bananas can hold together and not soften.

The $1.89 Lunch Our Editor-in-Chief Swears By

Chickpeas to the Rescue

Curried Chickpea Sandwich

You can count the ingredients on one hand.

Simplest Homemade Doughnuts

Meatballs lend comfort on one family's journey from Mexico.

My Family Recipe: Mexican Meatballs

What's New in the Neighborhood

From weeknight favorites to regional classics.

12 Essential Italian Cookbooks