How would you "moisturize" banana bread?

What would add (or increase in the recipe) to make a more moist banana nut bread? I don't have the exact recipe in front of me but it's titled "cream cheese banana nut bread" - and is found on many cooking sites. Thanks in advance!

asked by AndyFL over 6 years ago

Hagerty

Add an extra banana

Use a soured milk product -- sour cream, yogurt, buttermilk, adjusting for baking soda if necessary.

using vegetable oil instead of butter will give you a moister anything, pretty much. I would try using half butter, half veg oil, to begin with, and see if you like the result. Good luck!

I agree with mrslarkin -- a little vegetable oil will do the trick.

Lela

Yeah Yeah.. But while the bread is resting
make a simple glaze and poke small holes
into the warm bread. Let the syrup ooze into the warm bread... I like to use an orange liqueur to flavor my mind.. The result is wonderful ..

softpunk

Mash the bananas far more than you think you need to -- the extra surface area of truly puréed banana equals extra moisture.

la domestique

I like @Hagerty and @softpunk 's answers as ways to moisten the bread without changing the recipe very much. Recently I made banana nut bread with very very almost too ripe bananas and it was quite moist. So let your bananas ripen as long as you can stand it. :)

AndyFL

Thanks all for the suggestions. I'll try a few of these next time

Rachel Gaffney

I use buttermilk in my banana bread...really delicious.

bigpan

Include some apple sauce in the recipe.

angiegeyser

This is the recipe I use. The sour cream makes it very moist and delicious! I do however mash the bananas instead of slicing them as the recipe instructs.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe...