anyone have a non-self-cleaning thermidor? how do you clean it, or similar ovens.

asked by @jestei about 7 years ago

Here is a link to an online owners manual I think the instructions for cleaning yourself are on page 29:
Hope this helps.
http://specs.retaildeck...

Sorry its page 31.

Burnt Offerings

I have to clean my oven by hand because the self cleaning solonoid in the control panel broke, and it costs about a new oven's worth to replace the entire control panel. I remove the door for easier access (check your manual), lift the heating elements out of the way if you have them, and sprinkle the floor of the oven liberally with a box of baking soda to absorb the heaviest dirt and let it sit for an hour or two. I scrape that out with a metal pastry scraper. Once that's done, I use good 'ol Easy Off, warm water, and a sponge. I find that a little Bon Ami is enough to clean the door. One of those Magic Erasers works wonders on the windows and tough spots.

Easy-Off (the cold oven kind that supposedly doesn't smell - yeah right), wine, and a lot of F-Bombs do the trick.

Cold oven Easy Off. I once followed the directions on the can and sprayed it on a hot oven - nearly asphyxiated myself, it took forever to air out the fumes and lord knows how many brain cells I killed. Don't do that.

And stay clear of the door gaskets that seal the oven shut - the chemicals in cleaners corrode them.

Also, I recently discovered Dawn Power Dissolver (hardware store guy rec'd it, but some markets may have it too) - fantastic for burnt-on grease on pans, oven, etc. Seriously, I'd do a commercial for the stuff.

Here's what I do when I'm cleaning the oven:

A. Wait till Sconeman's home, in case, you know, I accidentally light the house on fire.

B. Set fire dept on speed dial

C. Locate the fire extinguisher, just in case

I have a crappy Kenmore, (Elite, mind you). So my answer probably doesn't help you whatsoever.

That's strange your Thermidor doesn't have a self-clean mode.

Good luck!

a Whole Foods Market Customer

Go ahead and make corn pulao...lovely vegetarian dish...

a Whole Foods Market Customer

i m so sorry by mistake i posted this comment here..