🔕 🔔

About powdery-white rice flour

Hi! Greetings to you.

May I know if it is possible that raw powdery-white fine rice flour bought from local groceries could be directly put or cooked in the steamer using 3-inches diameter tart mould as shaper? I mean is the rice flour can be cooked directly to the steamer without the need of being it mixed or sprinkled with water or any liquid?

If so, what ingredients or powdery safe chemicals do I need to put or mix in the rice flour so that it can be easily cooked/done in less than a minute when directly place in my conventional steamer, without the need of sprinkling or soaking it in any liquid, like: water, milk, or coconut water?

If it is impossible for it to be cooked in little time without blending it with water, why it is so?

I'm talking about this link: http://www.youtube.com... , a tutu kueh making in Singapore. So, would you be kind enough to please view it for a while to comment as to why the powdery-white fine rice flour can be easily cooked/done in less than a minute using their food steamer and mould?

I would appreciate it very much any effort you would make to share with me how it was made.

Hope to hear from you. Please help.

Thank you very much.

asked by Dodz about 6 years ago

The steamer rehydrates the flour. It doesn't need to be "cooked" so much as un-dried (like how you steam rice except you don't have to penetrate the whole grain).