🔕 🔔

58f76276 e19f 455f a7f2 20809439d579  dscf0001

Soba noodle base. I have soba noodles and I picked up this bottle of Japanese made liquid soba base. Unfortunately it doesn't give you the ratio of base to water to make the soup for the noodles. I can keep working with it until it tastes right but it seemed like a better idea then powdered dashi (which has the same components). Any thoughts?

asked almost 7 years ago

72b8c92f c97c 49cf 8fc2 4b08462521f6  me

I am pretty sure one to three is a good start. I didn't know they made that big of a jug of the stuff. The dipping sauce is usually a little stronger.

Thank you brother T, I was thinking along those same lines.

Fff96a46 7810 4f5c a452 83604ac1e363  dsc03010

I've never seen this, and I visit an Asian market every other month for Filipino supplies. What does the word "straight" mean?

"Straight"? I think it means something similar to Hello Kitty.

Actually the ratio suggested by soul brother T Bootsy Hirschfield turned out to be pretty much on the money. Although next time I'll probably go with something like 1 to 2 1/2.

One company says straight means you do not have to dilute the base for noodle dipping sauce.