Best make ahead kale dish for a family summer dinner?

I was asked to bring a veggie side to a family dinner and I got some lovely kale at the farmers market this morning. I was thinking of kale quinoa pilaf but don't know if it will keep 3 hours without over-cooking. Or the kale tart, but it might be too heavy since we are grilling steak. Ideas? How do you keep kale from going limp if you have to serve it later?

asked by lloreen almost 7 years ago

vvvanessa

if you're open to a cold or room-temperature dish, how about a bean salad? i just made a potluck dish of chickpeas and minced veggies (carrot, onion, celery, bell peppers) in vinaigrette (red wine vinegar, olive oil, garlic) with thin a bunch of stemmed, chiffonaded tuscan kale tossed in. it held up really well.