Presale! 2 new cookbooks from Food52. Claim your signed copies »
🔕 🔔

Best make ahead kale dish for a family summer dinner?

I was asked to bring a veggie side to a family dinner and I got some lovely kale at the farmers market this morning. I was thinking of kale quinoa pilaf but don't know if it will keep 3 hours without over-cooking. Or the kale tart, but it might be too heavy since we are grilling steak. Ideas? How do you keep kale from going limp if you have to serve it later?

asked by lloreen over 5 years ago
Ad0d3623 a28a 4793 82a8 5f1ab0a2f633  dsc00426

if you're open to a cold or room-temperature dish, how about a bean salad? i just made a potluck dish of chickpeas and minced veggies (carrot, onion, celery, bell peppers) in vinaigrette (red wine vinegar, olive oil, garlic) with thin a bunch of stemmed, chiffonaded tuscan kale tossed in. it held up really well.

Join Our Email List!

Inbox Inspiration:

Our newsletter is brimming with recipes and features that have us talking—dive in!

A Joyful Home:

Sign up to get $10 off a first purchase of $50 or more in our shop full of tools & treasures.

Come On In:

Join our humming community and get dibs on events, peeks at new cookbooks, and a surprise or two.