A question about a recipe: Vietnamese Fisherman's Stew

36acf231 620d 43be 84b8 c6f277479dea  img 5148 1

I have a question about the recipe "Vietnamese Fisherman's Stew" from SmallKitchCara. I made this last night and it was a hit. However, it was a bit too hot (spicy) for some members of my household. Any ideas for how to make it milder?

asked by bk_novice almost 7 years ago

student epicure

i would cut down on the cayenne. your curry powder might also be a little spicy, so that could be the culprit.

student epicure

p.s. I also love this recipe =)

Cara Eisenpress

As student epicure wrote, it's probably either your cayenne or your curry powder. I'd say to cut down on the cayenne and to try a different brand of curry powder (if you cut down too much on the curry, the stew will be tasteless).