A question about a recipe: Cardamom Peach Pie Filling

C4009e07 f414 470c 9c2a 3cbe73c292e4  peachy

I have a question about step 6 on the recipe "Cardamom Peach Pie Filling" from MrsWheelbarrow. It says:

"Funnel the mixture into quart jars, bubble the filling, add lids and rings and process in a boiling water bath for 30 minutes."

Hi Mrs. W! How does one "bubble the filling" exactly? Love, Mrs. L.

asked by mrslarkin about 7 years ago

MrsWheelbarrow
MrsWheelbarrow

Cathy is a food preserving expert and author of Mrs. Wheelbarrow's Practical Pantry: Recipes and Techniques for Year-Round Preserving.

MrsL, when canning, especially a thick filling, you want to remove any air bubbles before processing. This is best accomplished with aa air bubble remover - available for a dollar or two in the canning section - run around the inside of the jar. It's recommended that you don't use metal (can chip the glass,) so I recommend a plastic knife or wooden chopstick.