A question about a recipe: Sara's "Granola Bars"

I got your recipe for Granola Bars with Almonds, Chocolate and Dried Cranberries from USA Weekend. I'm wondering if you have any suggestions for how to make them not stick in the pan. I tried using greased tin foil but the bars just stuck to the foil. I tried spraying my glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and had to chisel the bars out with a knife & a fork :(
Please let me know if you have any suggestions.
Thanks,
Chazlyn Robbins

F9fe21fd 556d 417f 8a88 4cf54f80d64a  051611f 493
Recipe question for: Sara's "Granola Bars"

hardlikearmour August 25, 2011

I'd line the pan with parchment (which is coated in silicone), then spray with non-stick cooking spray. Are you making sure not to overheat the honey and almond butter?

Dave Hoffman
Dave Hoffman February 29, 2012

Try using parchment paper instead of aluminum foil. You can grease it if necessary, either with non-stick cooking spray or a little canola oil, but I find that there's enough fat in the almond butter that the bars don't stick to the paper.

Dave Hoffman
Dave Hoffman February 29, 2012

Doh! Sorry for the duplicate answer -- for some reason I couldn't see the earlier response before I posted.

susan g March 1, 2012

I like to use liquid lecithin when there might be an especially difficult sticking problem. Using parchment paper first sounds like the perfect buffer.